Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday, September 29




Brrrr....it's cold outside. I went to the zoo today and had planned to work an inside region after I finished with the aviary diet. But the keepers asked if I would keep an eye on the newly introduced wolverine. Our new male, Rocky has been introduced to the 2 females, Kiwi and Buffy for about a week now. Rocky is doing fine but the females have a few "tiffs" now and then. Other than the cold, it was fascinating to watch the behaviors. The visitors that braved the cold today had a great opportunity to see these rare weasels actively interacting with each other. What fun! Sara called today and said they are waiting to see if a tidal wave reaches the island from an earthquake in Samoa. I told her she should pack up the dog and cat and head for high land. Matt is on his ship the Port Royal this week and I certainly hope it doesn't end up getting grounded again. It just got out of dry dock last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment