Friday, April 4, 2014

Thursday, April 3 ~Lily's Good News

I have not been very motivated since my return from Texas.  Think I needed some time to adjust from going through 4 time zones. Going from Eastern to Central then Mountain adding in Daylight Savings, my body was not a happy camper!  If the weather ever starts to get warm, I think I will be ok.  I spent last week reading.  Sara gave me the book Divergent at Christmas and even though I took it with me to Alabama and Texas, I never did get a chance to read it.  Once I started I read it and then I ordered the second and third books on my Kindle and basically spent all last week reading.  The book, without giving too much away is somewhat similar to Hunger Games and based on a Futuristic America, Chicago to be exact with a little genetic engineering added to make it interesting.  Very good books but I still liked Hunger Games better!

Some of you may have seen my FaceBook post about Lily's MRI and MIBG scans that were two weeks ago.  But for those of you that may not be on Face Book, she had her appointment with her oncologist Monday and the news was even better than we ever dreamed.  Her doctor said that she was going to categorize her as a "Survivor" and it would not be necessary to do any more scans.  I couldn't believe what Trish was telling me on the phone and I asked her to repeat it several times.  No more scans.....and I was thinking good news would be scans every year instead of 6 months or maybe every two years but no, the doc said "no more ever".  I hope it wasn't because Lily spit on the nurse or the fact that it took 4 adults to hold her down for her IV but whatever the reason we are praising the Lord for such wonderful news.  Pretty sure that this year's 4th birthday party is going to be quite the celebration.  Thanks to everyone who held Lily in your prayers and sent all that positive energy her way.  Our families are ever so grateful!
 Have a blessed week!

















No comments:

Post a Comment