Monday, November 14, 2016

Sunday, October 23 -Luke's Belated Birthday_

Because both of my favorite little men had their birthdays in October it is becoming a little problematic on the birthday front.  Arthur's birthday is October 15 so he had his party on Saturday the 15th.  Luke had his birthday party on the 23rd even though his actual birthday is October 12th.  The kids were sick when I arrived so I kept my distance. (they had a very severe case of hand, foot and mouth) and they could hardly eat because of the blisters inside their mouths.  Finally by Friday Lily was back to her old self and by Saturday even Luke felt good enough to go to the movies to see Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life.  Lily and I went to see Storks earlier in the morning. In the evening we had planned to go to Longwood Gardens but we couldn't get tickets so we went to the Brandywine Zoo in Wilmington, De. The kids had a great time.

Luke, Lily, Colton and Mason


The Brandywine Zoo was set in a pretty part of old Wilmington but the zoo itself was really, really small. But they had a nice collection of birds and animals.

Sunday was Luke's party that was held at a trampoline park.  I was surprised at how many of his friends came from school because it was about an hour from Dover.  Many of his friends from Little School were also there.  Little School was the Day Care/ Pre-School that both Luke and Lily attended.  They both made many lasting friendships while they were there.










After the party we stopped by the ice rink to watch Colton and Mason at their hockey game. That was a real treat. They both were very good skaters and it looked like a lot of fun.





I'm not sure where we were at any time today but it was a beautiful day for October and I think we were in Maryland when we had dinner.  At least I know we were on the Chesapeake Bay and it was a lovely evening.  A perfect way to cap of Luke's 9th birthday party day!





No comments:

Post a Comment