Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday, August 16


Sara, Matt & Shorty playing in the sunset surf at Hickam AFB Beach


Sharon getting ready for the new school year!

Canoe surf riders at Waikiki Beach.

Aloha Buckeye Cousins!

We made it back last night around 6:30 pm. I think we had the noisiest express jet that United owned on our flight from Denver to Columbus. I was quite excited when I saw that we were in row 17 thinking we were moving closer to the front of the plane. That was before I realized that there were only 17 rows in the plane we were flying on. It was so small that all the carry-ons had to be stowed below because the storage bins were so small. Oh, well we are back home and though it was hard to leave Hawaii, it is good to be home. I did manage to get to church this morning and even stayed awake. This coming week Mr. B has two doctor appointments so it is back to life as we now know it. The weather is very nice here for August, but what I do miss about Hawaii is the sound of the ocean, the rainbows and mispronouncing all the Hawaiian street names! Mahalo to all those who helped take care of things for us here at home while we were off playing! Have a wonderful week!!




P.S. I took over 700 pictures so I will randomly put several in each day to share with you.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made it back safe! I am sure it was very hrad to leave such a wonderful place. Sarah is very lucky. I like Sharon's way of starting the school year. I started today and the kids join me on Wed. Hope all goes well this week at the doctors and enjoy the nice weather.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete