Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday, November 2







Happy Birthday to my sister in Atlanta! Pretty soon you'll be as old as me!! Pretty day today so I finally took time to walk through our woods. The turkey vultures are still here, I counted no less than 25 in the sycamore tree. I also saw two red-tail hawks and the Cooper's hawk. The hawks and the vultures were riding the thermals and looked so graceful. In my next life I want to come back as a vulture or hawk. Maybe a hawk. Sticking my head in a dead carcass doesn't sound very appetizing, not that eating mice, rabbits and snakes would be a lot better. But the flying and gliding thing would be awesome.

Mr. Bichler got called this morning at 6:15 to substitute. He decided not to go in and then all day long he kept saying he should have gone in and made some money. He feels better now because they called this evening and he is going in tomorrow. Tomorrow is also the first day of basketball tryouts so he will be quite busy.
Pics: 1. My sister the birthday girl 2. Luke & his best friend Logan on Beggars Night 3.Luke, a pretty cute skeleton

Good luck to all the schools and libraries that have levies on the ballot! I can't think there is any thing more important than our children's education.

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I think your buzzards must have been visiting my neck of the woods last Thursday - It was wild, there were so many cruising together above our house. Kevin was out mowing, so I thought maybe they thought they found them a morsel! - but they just seemed to be having a good time just riding the sky! I had never seen that many together at one time. ~Bambi

    ReplyDelete