Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday, April 22





Happy Earth Day! Today we had a Dr's appointment at OSU with Dr. Mysiw, Mr. B's rehabilitation doctor. We arrived for our appointment at 8:40 a.m. After a lengthy wait his Dr came in and asked how he was doing did some balance tests and asked how he felt he was doing. Of course Mr. B thinks he is A-OK. He did mention that he still hoped he would be able to drive. Dr. Mysiw promised to make some calls and see if he would be a candidate for prisms to help increase his vision on the left side. Should find out by Monday. It has been a good week as we have all our dandelions sprayed, the garden tilled and this afternoon we planted our peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, peas and green beans. Tired as I was, I took an Earth Day Walk through our woods. I got a good picture of the Eastern Wood Pewee that has a nest above our tractor. I also saw a red-head woodpecker, the first I've seen in a number of years. I couldn't see if the red-tail hawk was sitting in her nest but I did locate the Cooper's hawk's nest. Several deer were in the woods as I was walking and I spent time watching the turkey vultures coming in to roost in our sycamore tree. As graceful as they are soaring in the open sky, they are pretty comical when it comes to landing in a tree. The flowers are popping up everywhere, bring on the spring! Oh, and while we were planting the garden several of our barn swallows were chirping and circling over head. They were scouts and the rest of our colony will show up around the first of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment