Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday, August 29









All good things must come to an end, at least temporarily, so I head back home to Ohio. Before leaving though Trish, Luke, Lily and I went out for breakfast. Not a conventional one but a fun, last day with Grandma kind. First we went to Fifer's Farm Market for their home made cinnamon spice donuts (I also picked up some apples, peaches and a cantaloupe) and then we headed to Byler's (the equivalent of Yutzy's Market only bigger). They have a huge outside display of play sets that kids can play on and several tables. We took our donuts and drinks and ate and played for a while before going inside to get Pop Pop's cherry danish and Luke and I had ice cream. So our breakfast was donuts and ice cream. Only my friend Sharon could truly appreciate a breakfast like that. I got away at about 11:15 and luckily had very little traffic or construction. I was a little worried about downed trees or flooding but there was nothing. I pulled into our drive way around 8:15. Headed to bed now as I have to get up at 5 and be at the zoo at 7 am to work in the Bear Kitchen and then I am doing a watch for the 3 new baby moose. Can't wait to see them!

PS No word from Lily's oncologist yet.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a good time, escaped the bad weather for the most part, and had a safe drive home. You're right --- sounds like a breakfast Sharon would love!

    ReplyDelete