Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday, September 2

Good news from Lily's oncologist.

The 2 girls are laying in the grass. The little boy plopped down in the mud under the mister.

Not much happening this week. Getting caught up from my trip and trying to keep cool in these past 90 degree days. Tuesday I did a moose watch at the zoo for the 3 new little orphan moose. I spent 4 hours talking to visitors about Alaskan moose, their weights, how big they will get, what they eat and many others. I also wrote down each time they ate, peed (are there 3 e's in the plural of pee?) and pooped. They're pretty cute, but if you want to see them as babies, you better hurry, they are gaining 3-4 pounds each day so they won't be small for long.

Good news from the vacationing oncologist. This is the text that he sent to Trish and Chad. "Sorry for the delay, I am out of the hospital for the next week. I saw the preliminary read which looked good (no MIBG avid lesions) but will have to check on the final read when I get back. I will let you know early next week." Lily has a scheduled appointment with Dr. Rupon on September 12 and I'm sure they will find out much more about the results of both the MRI and the MIBG scan. September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month so I am including a link to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for additional information and ways you can support cancer research.


No comments:

Post a Comment