Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday, July 27

Can't say exactly what I have been doing this week.  Seems like I have been busy without really getting anything done. Tuesday kind of did me in. I was at the zoo doing bird diets and from 10:30 to 1:30 I had to babysit for "Blue" one of two new baby pronghorn that we got from the Minnesota Zoo.  Her name really isn't Blue, that is just the color of her ear tag.  Her sister is Red.  Pretty sure they will get real names soon.  We had to sit inside with them because of the storm.  Have to admit, it is a pretty cool job.  As soon as my shift was over I had to rush over to London to pick up my mom for a doctors appointment.  It seems she had an ingrown toenail.  Very painful for her and I had to leave the room or become a patient myself.  For the life of me, I could not get Dr. Selva to understand that I did not want to see or know what he was planning to do.  Finally the nurse caught on and asked if I would like to wait out in the hallway.  I found the entire ordeal very stressful and hope I do not have to go through that any time soon. (Poor Mom, she was the one who had it the worst and I couldn't even be much help)
Wednesday, Mr. B decided that he would like to go to the Ohio State Fair.  Probably because it was only $3 admission but after we got there I was pretty convinced that his main motive was to get some fair food.  I don't think we had been inside the gates more than 5 minutes before he had some hot fair fries in his hands.  We walked to the Natural Resources Park and enjoyed the area and the fact that it was about 10 degrees cooler there.  They had a new aviary there this year next to the butterfly exhibit.  Very nice.  I immediately thought of Jack McDowell as I walked through the Prairie Sampler. He certainly touched a lot of people as evidenced by the number of friends that attended his visiting hours and his wonderful funeral service at the Methodist church.
 The Ohio High School Marching Band
 Some things never change.
 Andy at the gate with his home made ice cream.  He had french fries, a Bahama Mama and a Lemon Shake Up before we left.
I bought this flannel wall hanging/blanket for Evelyn at the fair.

Well I am going to bring this post to a close in anticipation of the Olympic Opening Ceremonies tonight.  The Olympics are my most favorite sporting event of all time.  I remember watching as a child and wishing that I could someday participate.  I did the next best thing in 1996 and attended the Olympics when they were in Atlanta.  What a wonderful experience!  GO Team USA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment