Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday, July 7


 A friendly game of miniature corn hole
 Asher's canon ball.
 Olive's new best friend, Alli the alligator. We dubbed her the Princess of the swamp in Gatorland
 Flying underwater
 Lillie's underwater shot.
 Adam got a turn on the alligator because he was the only one willing to blow it up.
I think I did a pretty good job on my new office.

I know...I know.....you are thinking "why don't she write"!  Honestly there just hasn't been much going on to write about and I have been involved in several DIY projects. I have wanted to remodel the room off of our kitchen for a while now and I finally made myself get started on it.  Fondly known as the book room or computer room it actually was the nursery when we first moved here in 1977 and we were pregnant with Trish.  More recently it became the "catch all" room and after watching the hoarding show, Buried Alive-Stories of Real Life Hoarders, I decided I needed to dig in and get it done.  In the last 2 weeks I have painted the room, built a door for the fuse box, replaced the baseboard and corner trim on one wall, removed the baseboard heater and put the laminate flooring down. Today we even sold the pinball machine that was taking up so much room.  We had a scaled down 4th of July cookout today with my brother and his boys.  We just relaxed and spent lots of time in the pool. There was lots of good food thanks to Grill Master Adam and home made ice cream courtesy of Daniel. After a week of working around the house it felt good to kick back and do nothing.  Looking forward to cooler temperatures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment