Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday, March 6

What a difference one day makes!!  I knew last night as I was driving home that we were in for a big snow but I am not sure I expected this much.  Trees were bent by the weight of the heavy wet snow and it was amazing that the snow could build up as high as it did while balancing on a small twig.  Our trees out front looked like someone had thrown scoops of ice cream on them.  We lost power from 5 am until about 9:30 which very seldom happens to Ohio Edison.  I tried to start the ATV but the battery wouldn't turn it over and with out electric to charge the battery I just fired up Andy's new tractor.  I must say it is a pretty sweet piece of machinery and was very user friendly.  I didn't get too far though before Andy came out and took over.  The snow is melting fast but it sure was pretty while it lasted.  We did lose several branches and one small tree split in thirds from the weight of the snow.










No comments:

Post a Comment