Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday, April 11~A Day with Evelyn~


On Tuesday of this week I had the joy of babysitting for Evelyn.  Lucky for me she is at the tail end of her nasty cold and I suspect a virus that she so graciously shared with several of us over Easter weekend.  Sara had to complete an orientation for a job with Target that had been re-scheduled and I was able to help out by watching Evelyn for the day.  It was a beautiful day, the first 80 degree day of this spring so we took a walk around their apartment complex.  It isn't as nice as the walks we used to take when she lived in Honolulu but the weather was nice which was a plus.  Shorty went along so I had my hands full carrying the leash with a pulling dog, a camera, a bouncy ball and Evelyn who refused to be carried  and had her own route planned.  We finally wound around to the tennis court as I thought that might be a good place because it was contained by a fence.  Shorty proceeded to poop and I had already used her poop bag on the walk over.  At least it was at the edge and near the fence.  Evelyn only wanted to walk in the muddy spots around the outside edge and when she decided to sit it was always in the dirtiest spots on the court.  The wind kept blowing the ball to those same muddy patches so it was a constant battle trying to keep her out of the water.  It took me nearly 15 minutes to get both Evelyn and Shorty corralled and ready to leave.  The apartment complex does not have any sidewalks and both Shorty and Evelyn like to walk in the street.  At one point I had to get Evelyn out of the street because there was a car and that is when the "melt-down" occurred.  I had taken her away from her prescribed route and she was not happy about it, at all!  We finally made it back and after a while Evelyn calmed down enough to eat her two spoons of Spaghettios, I ate the rest and then we sat on the couch and she had her bottle.  Before long both of us were sound asleep.  Sara came home just as we were waking up and we went to the park in Sharonville.  What a nice place.  There is a sizable lake with paddle boat, row boats and motor boats for rent.  The playground was closed for renovations but we walked for a while along the waters edge before heading home.  I had a North America Region meeting at the zoo so I left soon after we arrived back at Sara's place.  I stopped at the Outlet stores in Jeffersonville and then on up to the zoo.  What a wonderful day!






I think Evelyn looks like her daddy in this picture!



Sharonville Park





All I wanted was a picture of me with Evelyn, Evelyn didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment