Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Luke's 6th Birthday Party

Saturday morning, following the wedding and wedding reception, Andy and I drove down to Dover.  Before leaving though, we had a nice breakfast with his brother John and we said good-bye to the newly weds as they left for their honey moon in Florida at Disneyworld.


The birthday party was scheduled at 1 pm so we arrived in time to help get things ready for what Trish thought would be about 5 or 6 five year olds and maybe a few siblings tagging along.  Not sure what the exact final count was, but it was more than 6.  The boys were typical boys, running, falling, jumping and there were a few tears when things got a little too rough but everyone seemed to have a great time.  We had games, cake and a piñata to make the birthday complete.  Most of us disappeared around 3:30 for kick-off of the Ohio State game but the boys partied on without Ed, Andy and me.  The worst part was that Luke and Lily had another party to attend at 6 and I went with Trish and had to miss the second half of the game.  Thank goodness the Buckeyes were able to pull of a victory without me there to watch!




Sack races






Lily and her "friend" Lucas

Everyone took multiple turns at the Angry Bird.



Finally, the blow that released the treats!



We drove home on Monday and got home in time to pick up Molly from the vet by 7 pm.  She was ever so glad to see us.  Today I went back to Urgent Care as it seems my ear infection has returned with a vengeance.  I felt so bad this morning that I called in to the Bear Kitchen to tell them I wouldn't be in to help with the aviary diets.  Feeling a little better now.  On a stronger antibiotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment