Friday, October 11, 2013

Thursday, October 10 ~Hocking Hills~

Once again I have allowed too much time to elapse between posts.  No real reasons or excuses just keeping busy with all the little jobs that need to be done before winter.  In the past week we did have our roof re-shingled (not sure that is a word) and we now have new shingles and we had gutter guards put on with the hope that we will not have to climb up a ladder to remove leaves from our gutters.  I also purchased a new car and I love it.

My jasmine green (I call it tree frog green) Subaru Forester, new roof in background
  This past week, I was invited to go camping with Sharon and her friend Barb in southern Ohio.  We spent 3 days hiking in and around Old Man's Cave.  I use the word "camping" loosely as we really stayed in Barb's brother's log cabin so you might say we opted for an upgrade.  I had a wonderful time and found the time there very relaxing although some of the hiking was rather taxing.  We birded in the mornings, hiked in the afternoons and cooked our evening meals over a large outdoor fire pit.  We were totally off the grid and could only use our phones when we went to the top of the hill behind the cabin.  We spent our evenings eating and watching the fire and the stars.  The weather was perfect.  Thank you, Sharon, Barb and Dick for the great get away.  It was just what I needed!

Old Man's Cave

The Lower Falls


The pond at Dick's place

Our fancy "tent"

Conkle's Hollow on the lower trail





My favorite tree, the sycamore

A stream at Conkle's Hollow

Ash Cave

The pond


Dick's masterpiece

The pond at 7:30 a.m.
Now back to winterizing the swimming pool, fixing flat tires, repairing my clothes dryer and cleaning the fish ponds!

No comments:

Post a Comment