Friday, November 8, 2013

~Halloween 2013~

I spent the 31st, Halloween, in Cincinnati this year.  Evelyn's daycare was having a parade for the kids so I drove down to watch them walk through the halls and outside around the building.  After the parade, Sara, Matt and I went to breakfast at the Original Pancake House not far from where they live.  I had a wonderful blueberry waffle.  When Sara left for work at the daycare where Evie attends, I went along and Evie and I left and spent the afternoon at an inside play area called Otterville.  It is in Covington, Kentucky but only about 30 minutes away.  She enjoyed the ball pit, the slides, the play room and the water table.  We had hotdogs and chocolate chip cookies for lunch.  I must say we had a marvelous time.  She fell asleep on the way home, a good thing since the traffic was terrible and it started raining so it took nearly an hour and a half to get home.  Sara got off work early since it was Trick or Treat and she had Mexican food waiting for us.  We opted not to go out because it was cold and rainy.
Evelyn was dressed as a Motor Cycle Momma, in her leather jacket and boots.




This is the infant class that Evie used to be in when she started here.


The water table at Otterville

Evie in the ball pit



On this same evening, 524 miles east, it was nearly 70 degrees in Dover, Delaware.  Trish said that Luke wore shorts.  I think Luke was a Zombie and Lily was My Little Pony.  They went to Hershey Park for the weekend since they were setting up a booth at a horse sale in Harrisburg, Pa.  At Hershey the kids had their clearance sale costumes on for that foray around the park.  Luke was a smart Phone and I'm not sure what Lily was dressed as but she sure was having fun. Luke was less than happy to learn that his new "charter" school does not recognize Halloween!
Hershey Park

Lily's pre-school


The Sea Witch parade at Rehobeth Beach

My Pretty Pony!



Lily appears to have multiple costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment