Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday, December 20~Return from Dover~

Christmas day appears to be getting here much, much too fast!  I have decided, however, that I am not going to spend too much time worrying about what does and doesn't get done this year.  I just got back from Dover on Wednesday.  I spent nearly a week there to attend both Lily's and Luke's musical programs at their schools.  Lily's was last Friday and it is a very nice program that is presented at a nearby high school auditorium.  The stage is decorated and the children did a wonderful job.  Some of the songs were repeats from what I remember of Luke's program last year.  All, performed as perfectly as is possible by 3,4 and 5 year olds.  Their 4 & 5 year olds even did several songs with handbells.  I was looking forward to seeing Luke play handbells but Little School didn't have enough students sign up for kindergarten this year.  Maybe by next year Lily will be playing.




OHIO without the H-I, we were going to get mom & dad and take another pic but forgot.

Sunday afternoon we drove to Washington DC for the Ice Sculptures


I could not believe how cold it was when we went inside.  Freezing doesn't begin to describe it!

This year all of the scenes were from the popular Christmas story.





We took the ice taxi

There was a full nativity scene carved in ice as we exited

The tree lighting in the atrium
 Luke had his Art and Music program on Tuesday.  His new school is K-8 and they also presented a nice program.  We could not locate any of Luke's art work.  It would have helped if he knew what he had painted but we enjoyed everyone else's work as we searched for his.  I must say he was the most handsome little boy in the program but I'm not sure he will ever be one to enjoy singing.



Last night I drove to Cincinnati to watch Evelyn and get her to daycare this morning.  Sara works at Target at 4 am and Matt had to go in to work early at 5:30.  Grandma was happy to help out and Evelyn is always so happy to see me.  This morning as we were trying to get ready for her to go to school she said, "no school Mamaw, no school!".  There were a few tears but not many as she was soon playing in the gym and forgot all about Mamaw.  Trish and her family are getting in tomorrow and Sara will have some time off Monday afternoon through Christmas day.  I just spent about 5 hours wrapping gifts and tomorrow's agenda includes cleaning the house and getting our tree up!  Have a wonderful Christmas, be safe if you travel and hold those you love just a little closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment