Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday, December 8

As I look back to my last post, I sense a theme and it appears to be SNOW!  Yes, I believe that we got around 5-6 inches of the white stuff yesterday.  I really wouldn't mind the snow if it just wasn't so doggone cold.  But, as they say, you can't have your cake and eat it too.  Or something to that effect.  Any way I was happy for all of my friends who are still teaching and had the day off on Friday.  Regardless, I do really enjoy snow and found myself out shoveling the deck soon after I climbed out of bed.  There is just something about snow that is void of footprints that stirs my soul.  So pure and pristine and although I have heard that the streets of heaven are paved with gold, I hope that they are also covered with freshly fallen snow.  I love the quietness of snow. 
There was a flurry of activity at the feeder on Friday as the storm moved in.







The following pictures are on Saturday morning.  Sunrise over the Little Darby





We recently celebrated Evelyn's 2nd birthday as I explained in my last post.  I have almost completed my shopping list for Christmas with only a few stocking stuffers left to check off.  Our handbell choir played at the Madison House this afternoon and we had a wonderful time with the residents as they sang along with us.  They are always so appreciative of our visits.



Next week I am going to drive to Delaware to visit Trish and family.  Lily has her school music program on Friday and Luke has his on the following Tuesday.  I am hoping that the bad weather is all through by then and I won't get caught in the mountains of Maryland by some freak snow storm.  I will try to have some great holiday pics from both music programs.  I'm sure Luke and Lily will be pretty excited. 
Buckeye Fever!  It didn't help :(

No comments:

Post a Comment