Monday, June 23, 2014

Sunday, June 22

I don't even know where to begin.  The last 2 weeks have just flown by as we were having the time of our lives with visiting daughters and grandchildren.  Last Sunday Trish came in with the kids and on Monday we spent the day at the zoo.  We saw the new Heart of Africa, rode the camels and fed the giraffes.  We rode ponies, Merry-Go-rounds, and the new Dinosaur boat ride (yes the dinosaurs are different this year) and we even squeezed in a few rides at Jungle Jack's Landing before the rains came in. Tuesday was my zoo day and also a potential jury duty day but I called the night before and the case had been disposed of.  So far the only time I had to report was the one time I forgot to call in and I got there too late for jury selection.  This Tuesday is my last thank goodness.  We went to Clifton Mill one day, to COSI another and today we were in Circleville to watch Logan drive in his first horse race. (for those who don't know, Logan's dad has worked for Trish and Chad since Logan was about 4 and they treat him like part of the family. He is 16 now and will be racing in the County Fair circuit over the summer on "BrotherGus").  And today Logan won his first race of his driving career.  He was beeming from ear to ear as he crossed the finish line and on into the winner's circle.  And I am sure he had the largest fan club of any of the drivers there!


Any way, the week has been a blur so I am just going to post a few pictures of what we did and maybe it will jog my memory.  Oh, and I forgot that I also helped with the recreation for Bible school at our church last week.  Luke and Lily were able to attend and they really enjoyed it.








Touching a milk snake. This girl is afraid of ants but loves snakes!



Luke and I are on the log ride and Trish and Lily are on the Pirate Ship.  The storm is brewing in the background.

Our selfie on the Dino Ride!

Luke and I hiked the .7 mile extra to the falls while the rest of the group drove.

We spent some time in the pool.

Bible School

Closing of Bible school
Our day at COSI
I said Milk the cow, Evie heard, Ride the cow!

Luke practicing for his next mishap

Kissin' cousins!
We walked to Bicentennial Park from COSI but before we could finish our meal, a storm blew in and we didn't get a chance to play in the fountains.
Andy said it sure is quiet here now that everyone is gone!  Well, get ready Andy, because Luke and Lily are still in town and will be here again on Wednesday!  I will just have enough time to clean the house before they get here.  Now, remind me again why am I even going to bother?!



No comments:

Post a Comment