Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Colorado/Utah Trip- July 13-15 "Chapter 1"

My Facebook friends know that my lap top was not cooperating during our trip so I was forced to wait until I got home to post to our blog. This is my first post that evidently never made it into cyber space.  I will be posting our adventures after the fact as I have time in chapters.  I hope you enjoy my posts as I relive our trip over the next few days!

Our latest adventure has us traveling out west to visit 9 National Parks in 13 days. This trip is also a "girls gone west " trip but part 2 has an additional gal and we are having a blast. We flew out of Columbus on Wednesday morning on Frontier Airlines and other than the dreadfully slow person checking our luggage, the flight was ok. We paid an additional fee called "The Works" which gave us seats in the first two rows (they have more leg room),one carry on and one checked bag and cancellation if we had needed to use that option. The flight was still the cheapest even with the added fee.and who doesn't love a plane with an adorable fawn on the tail fin with the slogan, "A different kind of animal"! Coming home we flew with "Foxy Fox"!



Having some technical issues with my post so I am going to just post photos and write later.

Our first of 9 National Parks




a Canyon Towhee

A Golden Mantle squirrel

On the trail in Black Canyon of the Gunnison

A beautiful waterfall on our drive to Durango, Colorado

A special treat when we met up with one of our favorite student athletes, Beth Michelfelder Steltz in Durango. She and her husband Greg have lived in Colorado for a number of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment