Monday, September 5, 2016

Dollywood- Late post for August 10-14

So sorry, I thought I posted our trip to Pigeon Forge, Tn.  Guess not!  This is the 3rd year that we have made this family trip and Mr. B really enjoys his time here.  It is about the only time he wants to travel any more except for his Thursday lunches with his buddies.  This year everyone was able to make it and although we were afraid it was going to rain the weather was absolutely beautiful.  We stayed in a 3 BR condo at the River Stone Resort in Pigeon Forge conveniently located on the Little Pigeon River a mere 1 mile from Dollywood and less than that to the main strip in town.  I will let the photos tell the story.  I will add that on the day we left Andy showed me his stomach and back and yes he had shingles.  Matt took him to Urgent Care and he was a trooper and didn't miss a thing!







A family effort, puzzle complete.  Luke took most of the credit.
Luke and me playing in the Little Pigeon River
We purchased a 3 day pass to Dollywood and Splash Country and had a great time at both places.  The highlight for Luke and me was getting to ride the newest coaster, the Lightening Rod.  We also rode in the front of the Eagle coaster.  Luke is my roller coaster buddy.  But everyone's favorite is still the River Rampage.


















In the evenings we went into town and ate a several great restaurants including The Mill, Paula Deen's and a Steakhouse that I don't remember the name.  We also rode the Big Wheel, a giant ferris wheel and the kids did a high ropes course.  Lots of food and fun.




The Big Wheel in the background. The following pics are of our ride in the Big Wheel.
The timing was perfect as the sun was just setting





This bear was in the entrance of the steakhouse
High Ropes and zipline.  The girls started on the small kiddie one but decided to go BIG!






Yes, 3 of my grandchildren were several stories high.  Arthur was the only one with any sense! 


And these are my favorite photos from our trip.  The Olde Time Photo Shop gave me some great memories and the kids had a ball dressing for the photo shoot.









No comments:

Post a Comment