Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day-September 5-Great Day for a Paddle on Madison Lake

This morning I decided to get the kayak out and check out Madison Lake.  I haven't been out for several months and it was a beautiful morning so why not?  I think today was one of the best days ever at the lake.  The sun, water and birds were all aligned for a spectacular show and I brought home some terrific photos.  Enjoy!!
The perfect day, water smooth as glass, and the first thing I see is a Bald Eagle

I was shooting into the sun but as luck would have it the eagle flew to the other side of the lake making for much better lighting.


I even managed to catch him in mid-air.
Great Blue Heron
The surprise of the day was this little Spotted Sandpiper who gave me some great pics
The reflection and the colors in the water made for some beautiful photos




Heron and Cormorants
Great Egrets in the tree, there were 6 total.
Great Egret
I stalked this poor guy all around the lake.  He was probably sick of me but I was so excited I couldn't help myself
I have titled this photo, "Feathers on Duckweed"
I saw no less than 3 Green Herons. These were my best photos though


I loved his head feathers in this one.



Belted Kingfishers were everywhere
The Osprey or Fish Hawk
Thanks for sharing my wonderful kayaking trip. Madison Lake State Park is just outside London, Ohio and is fed by Deer Creek.  If you enjoy fishing, boating (no motors except electric) or just relaxing, this is a great place to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment