Wednesday, May 31, 2017

More Vulture Trivia- May 24-31

FUN FACT #1
Did you know that vultures are relatively social birds, often feeding, roosting and flying together.  A group of vultures is called a committee, a venue or a volt.  When in flight a group is called a kettle and I saved the best for last. When feeding at a carcass the group of vultures is referred to as a wake.

As of 9:07 this morning there is still one turkey vulture egg in the nest.  Photos are much the same, flying in, flying out and occasionally a shot of them turning the egg.  Saturday, June 3 marks 30 days and possible hatching could occur anywhere between 34-41 days according to my research.  I'm assuming the blessed event will happen while I am in Delaware for Lily's ballet recital. This might be for the best and I will be sure to put a 32 GB card in before I go so we can see what happens inside the vulture lair.
I was worried after the one egg disappeared. Perhaps the critter that took it didn't like how it tasted!


Seems very curious about the camera....or he just wanted his picture taken.


In my notes I refer to this as egg turning.



I get very few shots of both, Amelia & Orville. I still cannot distinguish one from the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment