Thursday, May 25, 2017

Turkey Vulture-Mystery of the Missing Egg - Fri. May 19 to Wednesday May 24

Sometime between Friday at 5:25 pm and Sunday 4:48 pm an egg disappeared.  Strangely enough the camera did not capture what exactly became of on of the eggs. So as of now, there is only 1 egg remaining.
And then there was one!

Amelia (or Orville) perched out side the barn window
May 21-24
     Because an egg was missing I decided to wait an extra day before changing out the memory card from the trail cam.  The first time I tried one of the adults was still in the barn.  Before when this happened they would just jump behind a bale of straw and I would change out the card and leave.  Today, however, there was much flapping and hissing and a distinct insistence that I leave. So I did.  I returned several hours later, and both adults were out although one was perched out side the barn window.  I quickly changed out the memory card, re-adjusted the camera and left as quickly as possible.  I suspected that a raccoon absconded with the egg but I have no proof.  There was an unusual visitor though last night.


Evidently this is protection mode


This is not at all who I suspected, and I still do not think this is the egg thief




Now, what is this cat thinking?

Obviously has never heard the old saying, "curiosity killed the cat"!

Must have been a very hasty exit!!!


A rare photo of Amelia and Orville




No comments:

Post a Comment