Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday, Jan. 9




Guess I've been a little lax about keeping up on the blog. I've been spending some time watching my bird feeders and this morning I counted 15 different species at my feeder and we saw 2 muskrats at the edge of the creek. At first we thought they were beaver but after observing them in the water the tail wasn't right. But they sure were big for muskrats! I must say I honestly love the snow. It makes everything seem so peaceful. It does keep us busy shoveling but that's ok. Mr. B has been manning the tractor with the snow blade and keeping our driveway and several of our neighbors drives clear. We had to cancel our Thursday basketball game and not sure when we will make it up. I've been going back and reading last year's blog entries for the day. A year ago today, Mr. B was leaving the ICU for the first time, he still had a feeding tube and he was unable to walk without assistance. He's come a long way, baby!!
*photo 1 red-bellied woodpecker and Photo 2 is a Carolina wren.
(Other species at my feeder: house sparrow (of course), Song sparrow, Tree sparrow, White-throated sparrow, House finch, Tufted titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Cardinal, Blue jay, Carolina Chickadee, Carolina Wren, Junco, Mourning dove, Downy woodpecker, Red-bellied woodpecker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment