Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday, May 28






Trish posted some pictures of their first trip to Rehobeth beach with Lily. Looks like Lily might be a little bored with the beach scene but Luke and Grandma Peg are having the time of their lives. I understand that the water was freezing and Peg was the only one that would go wading with Luke.
Been pretty busy all week, mostly trying to get the spring yard work caught up. So far I have weeded the garden twice, planted my hanging baskets, put up a birdhouse that Sara sent for Mother's Day, vacuumed the pool twice, put weed n feed on the grass, sprayed the grass on our brick walk, edged the walk and started some of the pruning and mowed the yard. Tomorrow I will start putting the mulch in the flower beds.
Wednesday night I went to a lecture by author Sy Montgomery. She wrote a book titled Birdology. I haven't read the book yet but seems to be a light-hearted look at our everyday interactions with birds. The first chapter is about her chickens. The lecture was held at the new Grange Audubon Nature Center downtown on Whittier St. If you have the chance you should check it out. There are some well placed observation decks, lots of paved walking/bicycle paths and in the center is a library with a beautiful view of downtown Columbus.
Today, I took my parents to the cemetery to leave flowers at my grandparents graves and we had lunch at Der Dutchman. They seem to be settling in at the Madison House and are enjoying all the activities that are offered. Mom was actually disappointed that the bowling outing was cancelled on Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment