Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday, January 2

Bob & Addie Wilson, January 1, 1949.

Happy New Year! Our New Year's Day was rather uneventful. I spent the afternoon with my parents at the Madison House. It was their 62nd wedding anniversary. We had cake and some sparkling white grape juice to celebrate. (well Mom and I did, while Dad slept) Dad fell last week and even though the x-rays were negative, it is really swollen and Dad doesn't want to put much weight on it. Hope it gets better soon. We have noticed a significant decline in his health over the last few weeks. We did have our sauerkraut, sausage and potato pancake meal to bring in the New Year.

I thought I better write today because I am heading to Delaware in the morning and I will be quite busy over the next 5 days playing with the kids. What I really mean is that I will be exhausted at the end of each day and may not have the energy to post a blog. I will try to put up some pictures of Luke playing basketball and soccer. He is signed up at the Y. This is his first week and I am excited to see exactly what it is this 3 year old will do in a team situation. Should be fun. I think both Luke and Lily are also taking swimming lessons that start this coming Thursday and Friday. My car is packed like Santa's sleigh with all the presents that couldn't make the plane trip back to Delaware after Christmas.

I pray that everyone may have a prosperous, joyous and healthy new year sprinkled with numerous blessings. And remember, "life doesn't have to be perfect, to be wonderful" (Annette Funicello) Here's to a wonderful 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment