Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wednesday, January 5

Check out the shooting form, and tonight he did much better waiting for his turn in line
Some stretching exercises before practice starts.

His dribble may be just a tad too high, but he sure looks cute!
Luke's fan club. Lily enjoyed watching all the action in the gym.
Soccer practice last night and as you can see there were kids everywhere.

I arrived in Dover, De right around 2:30 pm. on Monday. I made very good time, the weather was clear and very pretty and the traffic was very light the entire trip. Luke was waiting and watching for me from the window and as soon as I got there he was asking if I had his Christmas presents. We immediately had to unload the car and tear into all of the new toys and games. I used to worry that because I do not see him on regularly that he would forget me or treat me like a stranger when he first see me each time. God bless him, he acts like it was just yesterday and we pick up right where we left off. Yesterday we took his Gator for a spin around the block and then we had soccer practice in the evening. Both of those were adventures and quite entertaining. Luke is not really into the instructional part of team sports just yet but he did pretty good, I guess! Depends on who is looking at it. If I were the coach, I would feel a little differently than I do as a Grandmother. He did really good during the drink break and at the end when they ran from one end of the gym to the other.
This morning, around 6:30 am, I heard footsteps coming into my room and in he came, crawled into bed and slept beside me. He slept in until around 9, guess that soccer wore him out. That plus the fact that he stayed up with me to watch the OSU game. He had basketball practice tonight at the Y. He had the same coach as last night at soccer, Coach Josh, whom I am sure is not getting paid enough for coaching 3-5 year olds in soccer and basketball. But he seems pretty oblivious to the chaos and lack of listening skills as he moves around the gym to watch them as they work on dribbling, passing and shooting. It is pretty cold here, around 30, with a chance of snow Thursday and Friday. I'm having a great time with Luke and Lily and it seems very relaxing. Mr. B won his game last night and I think he enjoys the independence of staying at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment