Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday, June 21

There is always a Moose theme going on in Talkeetna, home of the "Moose Dropping Festival"

Miss "Red Hat" Moose

The top balcony is off our bedroom here at Denali View Guesthouse

Hoping that the cloud cover will lift long enough to glimpse the Denali peak

Up very early, can't sleep. I don't think it ever got dark last night. The cabin we are staying in faces the mountain range that includes Denali (Mt. McKinley) and our bedroom has a large picture window that frames that view. I opened the screen and the birds were singing at 5am. I was able to see a yellow-rumped warbler and a fox sparrow. There are also swallows, a violet variety but my field guide is out in the car and I am trying not to wake any one so I will identify it later. I don't think I could ever tire of this spectacular view. I will continue this post tonight and hopefully I will have a better internet connection because I am having problems uploading my pictures. Peace to you all, wish everyone could be here to enjoy this experience.

Tuesday P.M.

We packed up and went in to Talkeetna for breakfast. We ate at Lattitude 62, one of several restaurants in town. Not sure I mentioned this, but Talkeetna is the town that the TV show Northern Exposure was based on. That is probably why we like the town so much. After stuffing way too much blueberry pancakes and omelets down we managed to roll through the door and get on the road heading to Fairbanks. About 6 hours later we pulled up at the All Seasons B & B. Tomorrow we are going to the Farmer's Market here in Fairbanks. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment