Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday, June 3

The 2011 Female Athlete Award winner.

Josie was our point guard and a great team player on our basketball team.

Mrs. Kuhl at her retirement party, Wednesday at Ruby Tuesday. She will be sorely missed. She has been a wonderful friend to both of us!

Must admit the weather is finally looking up. So nice to see the sun instead of rain drops. Still having some water problems so we have a well driller coming out tomorrow to see why we aren't getting enough water when it runs for longer than 10 minutes. Can you believe it? All that rain and we don't have water! Guess I should have had the rain barrels out. Today was the Awards Assembly at our middle school and Mr. Bichler and I were asked to give out some of the awards. Mr. B always helps with the Gary Jainshig Science Award and the Don Schiff Award. I get to present the Best Female Athlete Award and this year it went to one of our basketball players. Josie not only won the Athlete Award but also took home the Leon Garrette Award for outstanding 8th grade student. The student body was about as well behaved as I have ever witnessed. We have the best students at West Jeff Middle School, but I guess I could be a little biased. I wish all the students a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment