Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday, July 12



These Violet-Green Swallows were everywhere gobbling up those pesky mosquitoes.



Pretty sure this is a Song Sparrow, although it could be a Savannah.

Dwarf dogwood plants, they were abundant throughout Alaska.

I saw this dark-eyed Junco on our XY Lakes Trail in Talkeetna. These same birds come to our feeders during the winter but they nest in the boreal forests of Canada and Alaska.


This morning I was up early, 5 am, so I could get to the zoo and prepare the diets for the aviary. It is always good to get back to the zoo. They always make me feel so welcome and today since they were a little short handed they really appreciated having the extra help. I also did a wolverine watch from 9-11. Basically I watched them sleep from 9:30-11 because it was so very hot and humid. Let's just say, they weren't making any babies today!

We had a pretty busy afternoon including a lunch buffet at Flyer's. At 2 o'clock Mr. B had a meeting with a group from OSU Rehabilitation Services. They are developing a web page and will be using Mr. B to represent the brain injury group. They will be telling the story of 6 individuals who have been through extensive rehab and today they were taking pictures. So we had an actual photo shoot down in the middle school gym. It was really quite humorous as Mr. Bichler said to one of the gals that he thought that they would just bring a Polaroid and snap a few pictures and call it a day. They actually had a professional photographer who spent at least 30-40 minutes taking pictures. I am pretty excited to see how the story on the website comes out. They also want to include the first year of our blog because they think it could be helpful to other families who are recovering from traumatic brain injury. I wish I would have taken my camera to take pictures of the photo shoot. I'm pretty sure that even though he was exhausted at the conclusion, he was also thrilled that he was chosen to be a part of this project. It was a definite boost to his self esteem. Go get 'em Coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment