Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wednesday, July 6

Anchorage, our last day, was spent sight-seeing the city. Barb loved the huge hanging baskets of flowers. This is what 21 hours of sunlight produces.

Oh, and did I mention that we bumped in to Sarah while shopping. She was gracious enough to stand while we got a picture.

Left Anchorage Tuesday night at 10:15 p.m. and landed in Chicago 5 hours later at 7 a.m. Chicago time. We had a 3 hour lay over before departing for Dayton. My sister in law picked us up and by 1:30 we were home. Now all we have to do is get our bodies back on Eastern Standard Time. I picked Molly up from Buckeye Boarding and it hasn't taken her long to settle in. With in the hour Molly was sound asleep next to the couch and Mr. B was snoozing in his lazy boy.

Thursday, July 7

Slept in until 8:30 and getting caught up on all those post-vacation chores. Unpacking, sorting through the mail and mowing took up most of the day. I did take time to jump into the pool which felt really good after working in the yard. The water must be 80+ degrees. In Alaska the average temperatures were around 55 until we got back to Anchorage and it was 65 and sunny. We had an unbelievable trip and hope you enjoyed the pictures I was able to get uploaded during our travels. I will be putting up other pics over the next few weeks that I think came out pretty good.





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Molly did okay. I was a little worried about her. I really enjoyed the pictures and updates during your trip.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete