Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday, April 12,

Killen's Pond State Park. We had a great camp site.

A hole in a rotten tree trunk. We needed to investigate.

Luke's very first fish, a crappe, I think.

The rest were all sunfish of a variety of sizes. Think he is excited?

Luke with his compass, leading us on our birding hike.

Our breakfast fire. We needed this to thaw out from the frigid night!

Our little Diva commandeered all of the chairs.

Luke took up tree climbing on this trip, Grandma will not be able to climb to your rescue for too many more years.

A fish from Luke's first fishing expedition.

Lily had a fever when I arrived and after a trip to the pediatrician we learned that she had another, or the same ear infection. So she is back on an antibiotic which will hopefully clear up the infection because if it doesn't, she will have to visit and ENT. On the positive or jubilation side, Dr. Rapon called to say that Lily is CANCER-FREE on her last scan. Alleluia!! Now if we can just get her healthy. Unfortunately, Luke has a bad head cold as well and as always they have shared those nasty germs with me. I must have absolutely no immunity to the Delaware strain of cold viruses. I forsee a visit to the Urgent Care when I return home. Of course my cold was not helped by the sudden cold snap and a certain camping trip to Killen's Pond. Luke had a great time though, so it was all worth it. I am glad that I threw in the little electric heater at the last minute. Other wise we may have been frozen last night. We had a great time fishing, hiking and even shared our cook out with Mommy, Daddy and Lily when they drove down for the evening. We have decided that as much as Luke likes to camp, Lily is more of a "Hilton" kind of girl. We spent the night and came back this afternoon just in time for Luke's first t-ball practice. I am pretty excited that I will get to see his first game on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment