Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday, April 24

We are getting geared up for our Hawaii visitors and certainly hope that Matt's ship is steaming into Pearl Harbor tomorrow morning as scheduled.  They have air reservations for Thursday night and should be arriving in Columbus around 2 pm on Friday.  I know Sara is a little worried about how Evelyn will do on the flight.  Personally, I am more worried about how she is going to handle the time change once she gets here.  We are so excited to see them all and will be spending lots of family time both here and in Cincinnati and Dover.  Lily will be celebrating her cancer-free 2nd birthday on May 7 so I had to order a Cake Creations cake for the party.  Hopefully, it will be adorned with Bubble Guppies, a Nickelodeon cartoon, that Lily really likes.  Luke is going to be performing with his pre-school for the Dover Days festival that same week end so we are just going to be having fun, fun, fun. He will be dressed in Colonial period clothing and I think they might do a May pole dance.  Should get some great pics from the capitol of the first state.  The city square is so quaint that you would expect to see Ben Franklin coming around the corner.  When Lily was born we went to the state house and it was in session with everyone in period costumes.  Very neat if you enjoy history, which I do.

On a sad note, I was heartbroken last night when I realized that the young woman that was murdered in West Jeff was a former student and basketball player of mine.  What a senseless tragedy!  It certainly is a test of my faith when such bad things happen to good people.  My prayers go out to the parents and family who are surely struggling to understand how something like this could happen in our little village.
Photo shows Paige looking over my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment