Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday, September 16

Trisha Marie  8 lbs. 3 oz.

Trish with her daddy and a not so happy cat, Dusty.

Trish with her grandpa Bichler

Vacation at Myrtle Beach 1982
I'm feeling a little old this evening as I recall that 35 years ago we were about to have our first baby.  It was a Friday and we went to the football game at West Jeff.  Don't ask me who they played but I'm guessing that they won.  Our kitchen was completely torn up as we were going to put new kitchen cabinets in over the week end.  Now, why we thought it would be a good idea to do this, when my due date was September 17, I cannot tell you.  I guess everyone had told me the first baby never comes when they are supposed to but in my case Trish arrived right on time.  We got to the hospital early Saturday morning and after about 5 hours of labor she was born weighing 8 pounds 3 ounces.  Perfect in every way with dark eyes and dark black hair. Needless to say, Andy and my dad were frantically installing kitchen cabinets and putting a baby crib together before it was time for the two of us to be released from Madison County Hospital.  I can't believe that she will be 35 years old tomorrow.  Where has the time gone?  Well, Happy Birthday little girl, you sure have made your mom and dad proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment