Monday, November 12, 2012

Sunday, November 11

Before I get started with my actual blog I want to say thank you to all  the men and women that are serving or have served in the military on this Veterans Day week end. I thank you for my many freedoms and your selfless duty to protect them.  My two favorite veterans are pictured below!
My dad, WWII, Merchant Marines

Matt, US Army & Navy, Operation Enduring Freedom


Busy, busy, busy describe the weekend.  Trying to take advantage of the nice weather I had planned to put up some of my Christmas lights on Saturday.  Plans changed somewhat when our neighbor, Beth, told us that her house had finally sold, after about 3 years on the market.  I am happy for her but I am not sure I am too excited about breaking in new neighbors at this stage of my life.  Back to the change of plans.  Before Beth's husband Paul died 8 years ago, Andy and Paul built a green utility shed together.  It sits on Beth's land but we split the cost so now the building will belong to the new owners so we had to clear all of our things out of the shed.  So instead of getting the lights put up on Saturday, we made numerous trips moving trailers, weed eater, sprayer, tools, lumber and Andy's valuable junk to either the barn, pump house or the garage. Amazingly, we got it all moved and today we got some of the lights up and cleaned the gutters. We also almost burned up the trees that we had just put lights on when the scrap wood we were burning down by the creek caught some leaves on fire and started burning up the hill.  Luckily, we saw it in time to get it under control.  The dogs and I took a nice long walk in the woods, sure hope the new owners still let me take my walks.  We saw the does, 3 maybe 4 of them and they never seem to be too alarmed when they spot us.  Friday all 4 of them were in our yard and for several mornings now,  Andy has seen at least two different bucks.  Looks like we will be having more fawns next spring.  Tomorrow I will be attending Rev. Gensler's funeral in Dayton with several friends from our Sunday School class.
Early morning visit

All four does in the yard, Thursday morning

American Goldfinch

Northern Cardinal

The ever lovable, Carolina Chickadee

No comments:

Post a Comment