Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday, November 18



Like all of the grandkids, Evie likes the merry go round!


I am embarrassed at my tardiness in updating the blog.  I have been doing many interesting things and getting a lot done while the weather is nice which is also why I have not been able to write on the blog.  Hopefully, I can get caught up because I think that it will be another week before I get on here again.  Sara and Matt have been staying here this week so I have been thoroughly enjoying Evelyn.  Here antics are non stop and so much fun.  She is always on the go and getting into everything.  Last Thursday we went to the Members Preview for Wildlights at the Zoo.  The weather was perfect and we timed our stay so that we were there early enough to see a few animals, ride the carousel and watch the light show on our way out as the crowds were coming in.  I have been putting up some of our lights for Christmas and today I put the Nativity set up.  I will refrain from lighting it until after Thanksgiving.  Trish, Chad and the kids are coming to Ohio on Tuesday to spend Thanksgiving and we will be celebrating Evelyn's birthday while they are here.  I should have lots of great family photos to share after the weekend.  Have a very, very nice holiday and be safe in your travels! Oh, and don't get into any fights on Black Friday!!
Sneaking up the stairs

Looking for the Hostess Twinkies

Checking out the turtle in the manatee exhibit

The zoo's new male polar bear, Nanuq. A 25 year old weighing in at 1,000.

1 comment:

  1. Carol and Andy,

    Hello from your old friend Bob Ridewood. Andy, I happy you are back on your feet and enjoying your family, coaching and teaching. It sounds like you went through a hell of an injury and rehab. You guys look great and your family looks beautiful -- how neat to be grandparents! I live in San Antonio on the campus of a school called TMI Episcopal, where I serve as Head of the Upper School and, yes, coach JV basketball. I have a wife, Jody, a daughter who is 16, Danielle, and two sons, one of whom is married and teaches at the same school where I work, and the other who lives in Austin.

    My teaching son got a hold of the 8th grade team picture of the team we coached about 37 years ago at West Jefferson and sent it to me. That got me thinking about you guys. Let me know how to email you guys. You can look me up on the TMI website.

    Bob Ridewood

    ReplyDelete