Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wednesday, November 7

It seems to be official that President O'Bama has won the 2012 election and will remain our president for the next 4 years.  We can only pray that the people that we have elected can somehow work together to solve the issues at hand.
On a lighter note, I had a "life bird" come to my feeder today.  I was sitting in the hot tub early this morning when not one, but four Evening Grosbeaks landed on the feeder.  I was so excited and tried to very slowly reach over the side to get my phone to snap a picture without scaring them away.  I managed to get one pic but it was pretty far away and somehow on the second picture I accidentally hit the reverse button and took a picture of myself in the hot tub.  Can you say "delete"?  One of the females did come back later and I was able to capture her photo on my good camera before I had to leave to take my mother to the eye doctor.  Hopefully these migrants will stick around for the winter and I can take a few more picture to share.  Like I said they are a first for me but I recognized them because we have a pair in the North America Aviary at the zoo.  Never thought I would see one in my yard.  So to date I have seen three birds that I have either never seen or rarely see feeding at my feeder this fall.  Looks like it might be a great winter!
Female Evening Grosbeak

Red-breasted Nuthatch

White-crowned Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment