Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday, February 22

Lily and Luke at Lego Mania in Richmond, Va

A super hero seems to have Luke by the hand!

I thought that I might just spend the week doing nothing but that didn't happen.  Well, I really didn't do much but I was busy doing it.  Tuesday was zoo day and just like about every Tuesday, it was freezing.  The best part of the day was going to visit my "former" neighbor, Beth, at her new condo.  She lives just minutes from the zoo off of Glick Rd.  I was very impressed with her choice and even though it is in the city, it was really nice.  She has a very nice sized lot that overlooks a beautiful pond.  She has several white birch trees right off of her large deck and what really drew me in was the fact that she had not one, but two Eastern bluebirds sitting in the tree behind her house.  I couldn't be upset with her for moving if she was going to have bluebirds in her backyard!  We had lunch at Shanghei Lily's to top off a perfectly wonderful visit.  On Wednesday, I drove to Cincinnati to watch Evelyn while Sara went for an interview.  I also went with Sara to enroll Evelyn in daycare.  She found a new daycare facility, near their apartment which just opened.  The best part is that it is part of a sports facility for kids.  The father runs the sports facility and his daughter, who just graduated in education is the director of the daycare.  Evelyn visited her room and seemed to really enjoy herself for the short time we were there.  They have access to the tumbling areas during the day so it looks like a win-win.  The sports facility has a swimming pool, basketball courts, gymnastics equipment and offer classes during the evenings and weekends.  Thursday, I spent most of the day downloading team photos from our basketball and volleyball coaching years.  I was asked by a student at West Jeff for help with a project that she is doing about the effects of Title IX on girls sports.  When she interviewed me, I offered to get her some pictures from the first basketball team at the middle school.  Once I started scanning my photos and the sports pages from old yearbooks, I decided that I would just do every year that I had coached.  Between Mr. B and myself we coached from 1975-2011.  I coached both volleyball and basketball until 1996.  I took a year off and then came back but only to coach basketball.  When I retired in 2003 I did not plan to coach any more but came back in 2004 to coach 7th grade basketball and 8th grade volleyball in 2006, 2007 & 2008.  I will share some of those photos in a future post but it was a pretty nice trip down memory lane.  Today, I went to the library to pick up some books about Sweden for an upcoming trip and visited my mom at the Madison House.  And now I am here for the evening.  Didn't do much but I wasn't idle either.  Have a nice weekend.
Evelyn looking a little devilish on the bean bag chair her mommy made for her.

The Campus Kids First Daycare


Evelyn running amuck in the lobby while mommy signs her up for daycare.

Just one of the gyms where the kids can play during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment