Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday, February 5 ~Wintry Snow~

Last night, starting at around 8 pm, we got a total of about 7 inches of snow.  South of us, Sara and Matt had more rain and ice than snow.  It was a very heavy snow and a lot harder to push with our UTV.  I did as much as I could and Mr. B finished the job with his Kuboto tractor.  At least it isn't as cold as it has been for the last few weeks.



 And, for once this winter, the bad weather didn't come on a Tuesday morning.  I had planned to work a region after I finished preparing the bird diets in the bear kitchen yesterday and I did stay for an hour, but when no visitors had appeared by 11 am, I decided I would go to the grocery and then head home.  I did pass 3 hardy souls on my way out.  Two young girls were visiting from North Dakota and the other, a stroller-mom with her little bundle securely wrapped and strapped into the stroller.





The longer winter hangs on the more ready I am to head to Mobile, Ala for our Habitat for Humanity trip.  Sharon and I have been finalizing our itinerary for our supposed unplanned trip.  (We decided that neither of us is very good at traveling by the "seat of our pants"!) We still need to practice setting up our new tent that I purchased with my PNC points.  It is a 16 x 7 Coleman Montana 8 and should be the "cats meow" if we can get it set up.  We are hoping for a 15-20 minute set up time and no doubt with practice and our competitive spirit we will set a new world's record.  If there were an Olympic medal involved, we would be going for GOLD!!  Stay warm and keep safe on the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment