Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday, February 13


Can't believe our good fortune. We had our first outpatient therapy today at the Martha Moorehouse Rehab facility. It is run through Ohio State so many of the therapists here know the therapists at Dodd Hall. This may or may not be a good thing for Mr. Bichler. Any way, they were expecting us today. Most of the time was spent assessing those areas that need to be improved before Mr. B will be able to return to work. It looks like about 2 days a week at the outpatient clinic and then a lot of therapy homework! We have an appointment with the neurosurgeon next Wednesday. We hope to get a surgery date as to when they will replace the skull bone that was removed following the accident. We have been told that in most cases when the bone is put back the recovery time really improves. Mr. Bichler is looking forward to the surgery for another reason. He absolutely hates wearing the protective helmet.

2 comments:

  1. Mr. & Mrs. B.
    I am so thrilled that Mr. B is at home and continuing his remarkable recovery. I know that he is giving it his all. I cant tell you how impressed I am with the both of you for the strength and the courage it has taken to fight this battle. I am very impressed but not shocked as I know the both of you are extremly special people who I have always cherished and who will always hold a very special place in my heart. Please take care and remember that I am thinking about the both of you and wish you nothing but the best!!!

    Kim Harvey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr.B
    It is great to hear that you are home and improving daily. We played for the championship on Thursday. We gave it our all but came up just short of bringing the hardware home for you.We miss you at school and practice was never the same with out you. You are my favorite teacher and coach and you will always have a special place in my heart. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
    Paige Fabry
    P.s. my sister said get well soon

    ReplyDelete