Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday, June 15







Hello, I am back. It was a very hectic week and I was feeling a little over whelmed. I think things are falling into place with lots of prayer and the help of some great people who have volunteered to help with Gary's memorial. There will be no snakes, crawly things or square dancing but I still Gary would approve. The star of this blog, Mr. Bichler has been discharged from physical therapy. Either he has done really good or they just decided to give up. Either way, he is well on his way. He is taking part in what he calls "a marathon", that he told me was 5 miles. I learned today it is actually a half mile. He was supposed to be collecting pledges but so far I think the only sponsors he has are his therapists. The money goes to help defray costs of activities for their Brain Injury Therapy Group. I think he actually likes his group therapy and for the first time he seems excited about what they have been planning. He is not, however, overly excited about walking the "marathon"! On Saturday, Mrs. Omen and I rode up to Celina for Miss Fox's bridal shower. It was a beautiful day and a really nice shower at an Italian restaurant over looking Grand Lake St. Mary's. At one time we saw no less than 10 Great blue herons sitting on the spillway.

No comments:

Post a Comment