Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday, June 22




Hope all the dads out there had a wonderful day doing something they enjoy and just relaxing being waited on hand and foot. So what is so different about today and every other day? Just kidding. Myself, I just brought a pizza home after church (it was special, had all the fixin's on it instead of just pepperoni!) and we went to the dairy queen for a hot fudge sundae in the afternoon. This morning was a great birding day and I was a little late getting to church because of it. The Baltimore oriole babies fledged or left the nest today. It was so fascinating to watch as the parents looked after them as they ventured out on their own. One of the fledglings seemed a little more adventurous while the one in my photo stayed just above the nest as if it were a safety net. I also saw a green heron at the edge of the creek. As I write this my little chipping sparrow is picking around the bird feeder with the mourning dove. Nothing relaxes me more than watching the birds.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say Happy Father's day to uncle Andy! Love reading your blogs aunt Carol! Keep enjoying your days and keep uncle Andy working hard. I read abut you test driving a new car. I just bought a Hyundai Sante fe, it was reviewed view well Consumer reports, and I love it so far. Good luck with the car search! If you need anything please let me know. Miss and Love you, Christine

    ReplyDelete