Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday, February 5







Last night the girls won their last regular season game. Everyone had a lot of playing time which is always a plus. Mr. Bichler had to substitute today, covering for Mrs. Kitchen's 8th grade science class. Because of the snow storm, West Jeff had an early release at 1 0'clock and they have already cancelled the girl's tournament games scheduled for Saturday. This afternoon was spent trying to shovel some of the snow but after an hour you can't even tell where you shoveled. Finally I gave up with the shovel and gave in to the snow. I took a winter walk through the woods. It was absolutely beautiful. I know if I were driving in it I probably wouldn't feel that way. It did remind me of how much I miss my dogs. They just loved to run and play in the snow. I've posted some of the pics I took. I watched a mink at the edge of the creek for a long time. He would dive in the water and bring something up and lay it on the ice before diving in again. For a long time I couldn't figure out what it was and then I saw a claw. They were craw-dads or crayfish. I went back to the house to grab my camera but he was gone when I got back so I just continued my walk. It is a winter-wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment