Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wednesday, February 9




This snow is reeking havoc with my plans. I couldn't make it up to the zoo this morning because of it and I learned today that our tournament games have been pushed back and the championship won't be played until Monday evening. We had planned to make a quick trip to Dover next week to see Luke but I guess that will get postponed a few days. I have to admit that as annoying as it is, I just love watching and walking in the snow. I'm sure that if I had to drive in it I might not feel the same. On my "wonderland walk" today I saw 3 deer, the first I've seen in quite a while. I had found a seat on a downed log at the edge of the creek and was watching a great-crested flycatcher flitting around when the deer suddenly appeared across the creek from me. They really looked pretty in the snow. I also have been seeing quite a few brown creepers, a small brown bird that creeps up and down the trees looking for insects in the crevices of the bark. I've included photos of 2 of my favorite feeder birds. The white-throated sparrow and the melodious song sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment