Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday, June 2
















Yesterday, I spent the morning at the zoo working in the Polar Frontier region. I thought I would share some of the pictures that I took last week when I was off-duty to get you inspired to make a trip to see our newest region. The visitors are all very positive about the new region and I think you will be too. I would suggest trying to get there as early as possible, the bears are most active between 9-10:30. There are keeper talks at 11 and 1 so they get some enrichment at those times and are motivated to move to the viewing glass at those times also. The arctic foxes have been out each time I have been there. They are about the size of a house cat and are entirely white in the winter but shed to become darker brownish in the warmer summer months. They are kind of in between now. The brown bears absolutely love their new, larger accommodations and spend a lot of time in their 9' pool trying to catch the rainbow trout that are stocked in it. Hope to see you there!

Zoo hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission: under 2 free, 2-9 and 60+ are $7.99, 10-59 are $12.99. Parking $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment