Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday, July 17

Congratulations, Cathy, on 35 years in education! Now it is time to have fun!!
Could that be Mrs. Phillips behind those "teacher" hands?? Why so shy Kay?
This week we spent some time catching up with friends. On Tuesday we met at Montgomery Inn to surprise Cathy Chitty with a retirement celebration. It was a great chance to see many that we have not seen in quite a while. Once again, Mr. Bichler and I ate way too much but thoroughly enjoyed every bite. Then on Thursday, I met many of the same friends for a "Girl's Breakfast Out" at First Watch in Mill Run. It was very relaxing and a wonderful opportunity to catch up on every one's life.

I have renewed my war on unwanted rodents. I spent Thursday afternoon re-stringing electric fence around our garden. I had salvaged about 6 green bean plants but I think when I weeded around them it made it easier for the ground hogs to find. They are leafless! I'm hoping the new fence, which I tested the old fashioned way, laying a blade of grass on the wire while holding it, will keeps the raccoons out of our nearly mature sweet corn.

The 5th wheel is about ready for a test run. I have de-winterized all the water lines and will sanitize the water tank today. This will be the first we have been camping since the accident. I am excited and a little fearful but also sure that we will have a good time.

Our sympathies go out to the Dotson family during the loss of Matt and Andy's father.

No comments:

Post a Comment