Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday, October 6











Mr. B had a doctors appointment this morning but we, or I, decided that we would still try to make it up to Maumee Bay State Park for several days. It was a 3 hour drive, about the limit for Mr. B's tolerance for riding in a car. It was a pretty drive and the leaves are just starting to change. We got to the park around 4:30 and I had us backed into our campsite by 5. Mr. Bichler borrowed and axe from our neighbor, I forgot to bring one, and he had the campfire going and we were eating by 5:30. Food is such a wonderful motivator. Our campsite is backed up to one of the large ponds here. We watched a beautiful sunset before turning in for the night. No plans for tomorrow. Maybe some trails, a little bird watching or a drive to Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge. I was going to bring the bikes but apparently we lost part of the bike rack when we drove to Delaware so I just left the bikes at home. I hate that we did, they have some beautiful bike trails here. Oh, well, next time. I'm just glad we are here and the weather is beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment