Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday, February 21

Happy President's Day. What a gloomy day this started out to be. Spent several hours with my parents today. As rainy as it was, Mom wanted to walk over to the Alzheimer's wing to have lunch with Dad. He certainly lit up when we walked in. We had lunch and visited in his room for a short while.
At 4 pm I went to Dodd Hall for my TBI Spouse support group. We meet the 3rd Monday of every month. We had a new member tonight and I think she found it helpful. I know that I always come away from our meeting feeling much better and recharged for the coming month. There is a lot to be said for sharing your thoughts and feelings with others who are going through similar situations. Sometimes, laughing, talking or crying is just what is needed to keep us going. Driving back home however, drained some of those good feelings. It started as these huge round snowflakes as I left the parking garage and soon became icy snow the further west I went. I saw about three cars in the ditch before I made it home. Oh where, oh where did those 70 degree days go? I thought the groundhog didn't see his shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment