Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday, February 10

Mr. Bichler during his last physical therapy session at Dodd Hall, February 9, 2008. Today, 2011 he will be coaching his team in their semi-final game against Grandview for a chance to play in the Mid-State League Championship. Hard to believe he has come this far!!

Boy is it cold out and getting colder by the minute. As we head into tournament season, I have been reading my blog entries from 2 years ago and it was 2 years ago today that Mr. B was discharged from Dodd Hall. It was interesting reading about our stay in the Independent Living Unit to see how we would do when we got home. I remember that I was very nervous about going home because Andy still didn't have his bone flap and was still wearing a helmet. He hated wearing it as I remember. It is so hard to think about everything that we were going through at the time. When I hear a news blurb about Gabrielle, the congress woman that was shot, it brings a lot of memories rushing back. I certainly sympathize with their family. I know the progress she is making is huge but I also know that the reality is that she is no where near the person she once was and probably never will be. Life will never be the same for their family. But as we all know, life is constantly changing, sometimes more abruptly than we expect, but changing all the same. If we are to survive we must learn to adapt. Learn to live in the moment, seek out happiness and wallow in it. With God beside me, who can be against me. My daily prayer, "God give me patience and help me through this day".

No comments:

Post a Comment