Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday, May 29

Molly with her patriotic scarf.

The elusive pileated woodpecker, just happened to land in the tree while I was talking with Sara and had my camera next to me!

This red-winged blackbird has been hanging around in our wet yard for about a week.

A female cardinal with an attitude.

This juvenile Blue Jay was about 30' up in a tree about 30' from our deck. I love this new zoom!


The weather today was sunny and hot. A little more humid than yesterday but it was dry so I think it was perfect. After church we went to dinner at York Steakhouse with Sharon and Betty to celebrate both Andy's and my birthday. We ate until we couldn't eat any more! When we got home I was able to mow a big section of our yard. I also played around with my new camera, a birthday present to myself for our upcoming trip to Alaska. It's the new Canon SX30IS and so far I love it. It has a 35x digital zoom and is still a point and shoot camera. I can hardly wait to get a bear in my view finder. I hope everyone has an enjoyable Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment